External Wall Insulation
Investing in external wall insulation (EWI) will significantly reduce your energy bills and noticeably enhance the appearance of your building.
External Wall Insulation will keep your building warm in the winter and cool in the summer, making it a more comfortable and well-balanced environment.
There are various excellent techniques, materials and options – and our surveyor can advise you on the most suitable solutions for your building – however the basic principle is to fix a layer of insulation material to the wall, to cover this with a mesh reinforcement, then a protective base coat and a final decorative finish. Brick cladding is also an option.
The finish can be smooth, textured, painted, tiled, panelled, pebble-dashed, or finished with brick slips.
Exterior cladding is an investment that will add value to your property and cut the cost of your energy bills.
U-values can easily be achieved that meet current and proposed Part L building regulations, vastly improving the thermal characteristics of the living or working environment. Here are a few reasons why external wall insulation is so useful:
- Can be applied without disruption to the building occupants
- Does not reduce the internal floor area
- A beautiful finish enhances the building’s appearance
- Improves weatherproofing, with great performance even in challenging environments such as coastal and exposed locations
- Improves sound resistance wherever noise is a problem
- Fills cracks and gaps in the brickwork, which will reduce draughts
- Increases the life of your walls by protecting the brickwork
- Reduces condensation on internal walls and can help prevent damp
Whether you are looking for external wall insulation for your home, for business property, or as a landlord, it is a great method of saving money. Here are few reasons why:
- Energy Conservation – Home will stay warmer in the winter which means less money spent on heating and gas
- Warm Home Discount – You may qualify for an energy bill discount
- Protects Your Property – You won’t have to spend as much money on repairs and maintenance for your home as the external cladding will protect the outside of your property
If you’re looking to conserve energy, external wall insulation is a fantastic method. Here are some key benefits:
- One-off Payment – Unlike other energy solutions, external wall insulation is a one-time payment, meaning instead of monthly payments, you can pay once and then it pays for itself
- Energy Efficiency – Because of the insulation, the energy you do use will go further, allowing you to heat your home or property for less
- Home Improvement Grant – If you are a homeowner or private tenant, you may qualify for a home improvement grant.
If you’re interested in saving money, conserving energy and improving the quality of your home with external wall insulation, feel free to contact us.
Insulation materials and techniques are continually evolving – but our business principles do not change. We care about our customers and we care about their buildings.
Phil Guinan, Director
Gaffney & Guinan